1. It alleviates constipation
2. Helps to tone the back muscles
3. Recommended for the management of sciatica & slipped disc
4. improves blood circulation
Description of the asana
1. Lie flat on the stomach with the hands under the thighs,
palms downwards or hands clenched.
2. Keep both the legs straight throughout the practice.
3. Place the chin on the floor, slightly stretched forward
to give the best possible stretch to the neck muscles and
4. Using the back muscles, raise the left leg as high as
possible, keeping the other leg straight, relaxed and in
contact with the floor.
5. Retain the position for- as long as is possible without
6. Do not tilt or twist the pelvis.
7. Lower the leg to tile floor.
8. Repeat the same movement with the right leg.