Function of the Kidneys and Urinary Tract (UT)
The kidneys are small bean-shaped organs located at the back of the abdomen. They are primarily responsible for removing toxins and waste from the blood. In addition, the kidneys work with the organs to increase red blood cell production, regulate blood pressure and help synthesize vitamin D.
Because kidneys are self-cleansing organs, they must be supported by consuming adequate fluids. You can also include foods such as fruits and vegetables like grapes,celery and asparagus which are natural diuretics.
It’s a good idea to periodically do a kidney detox. In addition to removing toxins, proper kidney cleansing can maintain blood pressure and improve the functioning of the urinary tract and bladder.
Symptoms of improper kidney functioning include fatigue, pain in kidneys after eating, extreme mood swings, skin rashes, eczema, bloating, acne, weight gain issues, kidney stones, frequent urination and urinary tract infections (UTIs). Here are top 10 super herbs that can be used as home remedies for kidney cleanse:
Best Herbs to Flush, Cleanse and Detoxify the Kidneys & Urinary Tract
- Parsley: Parsley is renowned as one of the best kidney cleansing herbs. As a natural and potent diuretic herb, it increases urine output to help flush out germs and bacteria from the kidneys. Drink a tall glass of parsley juice with a generous squeeze of lemon as a natural remedy to flush the kidneys and UT.
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa): The anti-inflammatory nature of Punarnava is great for treating kidney failure. If used regularly, this herb revitalizes the entire body.
- Celery: Celery has natural diuretic properties. It aids in removing toxins and harmful materials from the body so as to increase urination. Celery also contains essential nutrients that will stimulate your kidneys, and its regular intake has been found to prevent kidney stones and infections.
- Kaasni (Cichorium intybus): Kaasni or chicory is considered to be one of the best herbs for kidney issues. It is great against any kind of kidney failure problems that are related to the respiratory system and also contains inflammatory properties.
- Ginger: Ginger is another potent herb for cleansing the kidneys. It can help the flushing out of toxins from the kidneys while simultaneously improving digestion. This herb is wonderful for cleansing the kidneys and the liver.
- Varun (Crataeva nurvala): Varun is effective in curing kidney failure from the root. It strengthens the urinary tract and prostate function while being a powerful treatment for kidney stones as well as chronic migraines and intestinal issues. The compound lupeol present in this herb reduces the formation of oxalate, which combines with calcium to form kidney stones.
- Palaash (Butea monosperma): Palaash is well known as the best Ayurvedic herb for improving kidney functioning. It strengthens low liver functioning, which can sometimes be the cause of kidney failure. Palaash or _ÑÒflame of the forest_Ñ is beneficial for eradicating kidney failure symptoms like pain and burning sensation during urination.
- Turmeric: This herb has strong cleansing properties which purifies the kidneys and the blood. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, and it prevents and treats kidney infections and inflammation.
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris): Gokshura will give tremendous relief from those suffering from all urinary issues connected to kidney failure. It is also help to cure chronic urinary discharges and enhance immunity.
- Rakt Chandan (Pterocarpus santalinus): Rakt Chandan or red sandalwood relieves serious infections and is excellent for those who are suffering from kidney failure.