People often say that beauty is in simplicity and they have a good reason to say so. Just like a messy wardrobe or working desk, life gets much more organized and smooth when we declutter it.
The excessive mess in our lives results in unnecessary stress and anxiety. It can wear us down and decrease the enjoyment of life. From rearranging your wardrobe to changing your lifestyle, there is a lot that you can do to improve your life.
Check out these tips to declutter your life and make it chaos-free for good!
Giving Your Wardrobe a Good Makeover
Are you also one of those people who like to pile up clothes and throw them in the wardrobe, without any worry to ever arrange them?
Hanging on to extra clothes that you never wear will do you no good.
Here’s what you can do to fix the problem:
- Go through all of your clothes and separate the ones that you don’t wear or don’t like from the ones that you use regularly. You can also ask your friend to help you decide.
Ask yourself questions such as:
- Do I need this piece?
- Will I ever wear this again?
- Does this fit me?
- How did I feel when I last wore this?
- Get rid of the excess clothes by donating them to charity, friends, or family.
- Rearrange the wardrobe with the chosen clothes. Make sure to separate seasonal clothing from the rest.
Improve Your Working Area
Working area for many of us starts with a desk. A clean and organized table is one of the keys to success. Start-off by removing all of the items from the drawers and top of the desk, and thoroughly wipe all surfaces of the table.
Once you have filtered the items, sort the vital files in alphabetical order or any other order that will help you better remember their location. You can group all objects by their intended use or frequency of use.
What else can you do?
- Get rid of any unnecessary programs and files from your laptop.
- Invest in natural products like Saraswatarishta that can boost your memory and mental performance.
- Avoid keeping any distractions such as gadgets around your desk.
Declutter Your Home
- Create a decluttering plan – Any home will get messy in time if not attended to on a regular basis. Create a plan stating when and what your tasks are and declutter as per schedule.
- Learn to relax – Home is our sanctuary, and we have to ensure that we feel good living in it. If you are stressed from work or school, you can take natural supplements such as the Brahmi capsules to boost your cognitive abilities, reduce stress, and calm down.
Organize Your Daily Life
- Maintain a healthy diet rich in whole foods. You should also opt for superfoods such as almonds, nuts, chickpeas, and green tea that will improve your general health and help you stay fit. If you don’t have time to cook every meal by yourself, prepare your food in advance to ensure you won’t skip a nutritious meal.
- Exercise daily. Physical activities are crucial to maintaining a healthy life.
- Reduce stress and take time for yourself. Yoga, meditation, and forest bathing are proven to have a good impact on people and will also help in stress management.
- Reduce your commitments. It’s good to be responsible but taking on too much work at a time is damaging. Take on only the amount of work that will allow you to rest.
Decluttering your home and your life will result in reduced stress and higher productivity. From rearranging your wardrobe and changing your lifestyle to cleaning up your home, there are a lot of things that you can do to improve your life. With the tips provided throughout this article, you can now take control of the daily clutter and become more organized and happier.