Our bodies are surprisingly resilient. Evolution has molded and adapted our bodies to look out for itself. Little things like getting bitten by a bug trigger an inbuilt response stimulus to contain, defend and prevent poisons and toxins entering our blood stream. The human body is remarkable, yes, but indeed fallible. Depending on where in the world you live, you should be facing the eminent change of weather, and with that added stress on your immune system. But there are certain ways in which you can strengthen your immune system.
Adopting a healthy lifestyle is your founding pillar to a healthy immunity. Good immune system boosters can only provide support to your body, the crux of it depends on having a solid healthy body to start with. There are certain things you can do to help you on your way to a healthier you.
- Change your diet, incorporate whole foods like greens, whole grains, healthy fats and proteins. We have a few great recipes for you here.
- Ash the ash. Smoking is bad for you. And let’s be honest for a moment, even smokers know that. Drop it like it’s hot (it is).
- If you drink, moderate it. Several studies have shown benefits to cortisol (stress hormone) reduction, and blood health support with the occasional Cab Sav. But not in excess.
- Exercise, even if it is just a half hour brisk walk at the start or end of your day, this can also reduce your natural production of cortisol.
- Speaking of the stress hormone, de-stress your life. Here’s how.
Before we get into the best thing to take to boost your immune system, let’s nerd out for a second. Immune system functionality is dependent upon the bodies production of antibodies. Little soldiers who beat the infection-causing bad guys. There is nothing that directly engages this function, but there are various natural solutions that can provide the best immune support out there. How? They enable your founding pillar to a healthy immune system – a healthy lifestyle.
- Step into the light, the great outdoors. Sometimes the visual, and auditory stimulus of being outdoors can not only put a smile on your face, but give you your essential does of Vitamin D.
- Cleanse your stomach, we mentioned before the importance of a good diet to boost your immune system. Give your stomach a little TLC as well with some probiotics. They can keep your digestive track as clean as a whistle.
- Cut down on the stress of work and life. Relax with a good cup of organic de-caffeinated tea.
- Sleep. This one is simple but in the hustle and bustle of our world, we often forget to provide ourselves with our bodies own natural means of regeneration and immune system support – some zzz’s. Try a few natural sleep remedies or supplements if you have trouble getting your RnR.
Before getting onto a supplementation program regarding your immune system it is best to consult a physician to ensure that any supplements you take are safe for you. With that being said, we hope this helps you get up and at em’ everyday.