Available in abundance in India and Southeast Asia, garcinia cambogia has shone as a weight loss miracle. This little pumpkin-like fruit gained international popularity and is a traditional remedy for maintaining overall health.
Garcinia cambogia has long been linked to weight loss benefits. The extract of this fruit contains high amounts of hydroxycitric acid (HCA), which is believed to avert carbohydrates from converting and storing as fats in our body.
Benefits of Garcinia Cambogia: The Weight Loss Supplement
Improves Metabolism: Since this weight loss supplement helps speed-up the calorie-burning process, it aids in boosting metabolism. Also, known to lower cholesterol, it makes body shed extra pounds faster.
Increases Energy: Dieting and workout often make our body feel exhausted easily. Due to lack of proper nourishment and exercise, you may feel lethargic and muscle weakness. Garcinia cambogia extracts are said to give bursts of energy to our bodies.
Lowers Appetite: The HCA found in garcinia cambogia can lower appetite by increasing the production of serotonin. It helps increase feelings of happiness and thus, lessens appetite and food cravings at odd hours.
Combats Stress and Depression: The increased serotonin production also reduces depression. Apart from this, this herbal supplement also lowers cortisol levels in the blood, the most common stress hormone. It may also help in controlling anxiety and decrease the level of oxidative stress in our body.
What is the Correct Dose of Garcinia Cambogia?
- This weight loss supplement is marketed heavily but keep in mind to not consume it more than 1500mg per day.
- The herbal medication comes in form of pills or capsules that can be consumed with a glass of water 30-60 minutes before meals. Each dose per meal can be of 500mg, making it three meals per day.
- Water works best with this supplement. Do not consume any soda or fruit juices with this.
- There should always be four hours of gap between each dose. Do not escalate the frequency or amount of doses.
- Take your first dose of the day before breakfast on empty stomach and next dose should be taken within next eight hours but not before four hours.
What else can be done?
Taking a weight loss supplement alone will obviously not help. This needs to be accompanied with some healthy habits such as:
- Get 6-7 hours of sleep
- Eat more fiber and healthy fats
- Adopt a protein-rich diet
- Follow a workout schedule
What are the Side-Effects of Garcinia Cambogia?
While there are many benefits of this herbal supplement, it should not be ignored that overdose of any kind of medication may cause some harm to our body. Some of which may even lead to liver damage.
It is always recommended to take a consultation from your doctor before you start with a diet or exercise routine. A small change from your daily routine can be an agent of the unknown. Our bodies and metabolism differ, so the affects may vary. You can also consult our on-call doctor here.
Garcinia cambogia is not recommended if you are:
- Liver or kidney patient
- Suffering from asthma
- Taking iron supplements, blood thinning drugs, and pain relievers
The Final Word
There is still a lot to know about this herbal supplement, but supplementing with garcinia cambogia extract will be able to boost your weight loss efforts. If you are looking to shed extra pounds naturally then this weight loss pill can help you gain a lean figure!