What You Need to Know About Curing Psoriasis
We are sure you are aware that psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder that leaves your skin with red, flaky, and itchy patches. Despite the external look of psoriasis the root of the disorder starts deep within the immune system. If you’re wondering how to cure psoriasis permanently, there are a few things you can do regularly which help to prevent its reoccurrence.
Herbal Remedies for Psoriasis
When taking these supplements it’s important to know if you have any underlying medical conditions. If in doubt please use our Doctor Consultation service.
Our top two picks are:
1) Aloe vera for its cleansing anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. It can be applied directly onto your skin.
2) Our second pick is a good Omega 3 (Fish oils) supplement. This healthy fat will ensure your lipid deposits ease the symptoms of psoriasis.
Diet for Psoriasis
In regards to a psoriasis cure diet it’s important to keep in mind that managing the internal immune system may have tremendous outer results. For example, reducing the possibility of an outbreak. You want to look for foods that reduce inflammation while providing the necessary nutrients. Avoid foods like red meats and junk food. Choose healthy seeds, nuts, and lean fish. Use olive oil not only to cook with but to gently massage onto your skin to reduce symptoms. Avoid alcohol if you can, and if you can’t, limit to one drink a day, but stay away from beers. Ditch the smokes (period).
Ayurveda for Psoriasis
When it comes to natural psoriasis treatment, Ayurveda decides upon the course of treatment based on the seriousness of the disease, the type of psoriasis and how a patient might react to the medications. We would advise you to consult with one of our Doctors if the condition is advanced too far.
Ayurvedic Tips for Psoriasis
Here are a few guidelines for Ayurvedic psoriasis treatment.
- Practice Yoga daily. It has been shown to relieve the intensity of outbreaks.
- Avoid scratching and itching, and at the end of a shower or bath pat the skin dry gently. Avoid overly or harshly drying your skin.
- Avoid any foods that cause indigestion.
- For herbal remedies, try using a Neem-based body wash. Additionally, consider using Turmeric. This golden spice can be taken as a pill, sprinkled over your food or made into a paste for application. Simply use turmeric powder and water to make a paste. Apply the paste for about 5 minutes on the affected area, rinse off with water and pat dry. You can buy both our neem body wash and turmeric here.
Natural cures for psoriasis on scalp and skin are all about being consistent and minimizing areas, foods and habits that will increase the chance of a flare up. Use our tips above to help you get rid of it naturally.