Detoxification is a process of elimination of harmful toxins from the body. Our body is exposed to harmful chemicals and toxins that are present in our food, water, and environment. Sometimes our body just gives up, and different health problems start to trouble us.
One of the corrective measures to help your body feel energized again is to participate in a holistic detoxifying method. Old school detox methods are free of side-effects and aid in cleansing the mind and body.
Traditional Detox Methods
Acupuncture involves the insertion of shallow needles into the skin along specific points on our body. It is an ancient technique used to heal body pain and digestion. The widely popular practice balances the Qi (pronounced as chi) also referred to as vital life forces. It harmonizes the energy forces and boosts the function of the body. Some rare acupuncture points for complete detoxification are as follows:
- Great Rushing: This acupuncture point lies in the webbing between the big and the second toe. Stimulating this point relieves menstrual cramps, lower back pain, headaches, and sleeping disorder.
- Three Yin Crossing: This is a stress reduction point, located at a distance of three fingers above the inner ankle. It also reduces knee pain, insomnia, and dizziness.
- Shu Mansion: It is located right under the collarbone and treats lung problems. It regulates functions of the kidney and also clears nasal congestion.
- Union Valley: It is between the webbing of the thumb and the index finger. It treats skin disorders, headaches, fevers, and toothaches.
- Inner Gate: This point is three finger widths above the wrist crease, on the palm side. It relieves cardiac pain, chest congestion, and asthma.
This Ayurvedic detoxifying and cleansing food is a combination of rice and mung dal (split yellow gram) or toor dal (pigeon pea). The cleansing kitchari is consumed for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with lots of water.
It is a protein-rich diet, which provides essential amino acids to our body. One of the main benefits of kitchari cleanse is that it improves digestive fire (metabolism) and has astringency qualities that removes toxic build up from the intestinal lining.
Check out how to make a cleansing kitchari:
It is a set of five therapies for complete detoxification of the body. It removes toxins from the digestive system, bowels, lungs, blood vessels, and nervous system. The combination involves Vamana (vomiting), Virechana (purgation), Nasya (nose cleansing), Basti (enema), and Raktamoskshana (blood cleansing).
The therapy is followed over a period of 15-20 days and is generally combined with kitchari cleansing. It assists in improving appetite, sleep quality, concentration, and sexuality.
How to know you require detoxification?
It is a good habit to help your body feel fresh by continuously opting for some natural detox methods. However, at times, our body tries to give us signs that it requires detoxification and cleansing.
- Unexplained fatigue
- Digestive issues
- Feeling stressed
- Trouble sleeping
- Mental confusion
- Menstrual problems
Benefits Of Following Old School Detoxifying Methods
- Brings a sense of calmness to the body
- Brings mental, spiritual and emotional clarity
- Improves the immune system
- An improved sense of energy
- Helps weight loss
- Reduces inflammation
- Balances sleep cycle
- Brings a natural state of balance
- Provides optimal health
- Boosts energy and alertness
What else can you do?
After following a detoxification program, you can help your body on a daily basis by following some of the below-mentioned steps:
- Eat plenty of fiber
- Take vitamin C
- Stay hydrated
- Try some breathing exercises
- Listen to music
- Sweat in a sauna
No matter for what reason you wish to detoxify, be it to lose weight, clean your liver, rid your body of toxins, boost energy, reset your digestive system, or improve your overall health, traditional detoxifying methods are here to help you. The above-mentioned effective therapies are time-tested and will benefit your body and mind to feel rejuvenated.