Imagine you could never hear these lyrics again…
Yes, that could very well be true if there is a steady buzzing in your ears right now.
Do you know what Chris Martin, Will.i.am. and Pete Townshend have in common? An ear condition called tinnitus. If you’ve just come back from the Coldplay concert with a serious ringing in your ears, you are probably suffering from a temporary case of tinnitus. The good news is that there is a hearing loss after concert treatment that you can do right at home to get relief from ringing ears.
Did I suddenly bring back a bug from the concert?
Tinnitus is basically a result of damage to the nerve ends in the ears. It happens if you are exposed to loud noise (like at the concert) for a long period of time.
What do I do now?
1. Give your ears a break
To stop ringing in ears after concert, try to only watch TV on low volume, stay well away from music for a while, speak softly and request others to too, and stay in quiet surroundings as far as possible.
2. An effective ear exercise
- Perform this technique if you want to know how to regain hearing after a concert.
- Place your palms over your ears and wrap your fingers around the back of your head.
- Keep your palms against your ears, and lift and drop your fingers as quickly as you can. You will hear an echo, drum-like beat. Do this 30 times.
- Stop moving your fingers and let them rest on the back of your head.
- Put your pointer fingers on top of the middle fingers on both of your hands.
- Quickly flick your fingers to hit the back of the head.
- You should now hear a louder but similar echoing, drumming noise.
- Repeat this procedure 30 times.
3. Bring on the oil
Placing a few drops of garlic oil can do wonders to stop that humming in the eardrums. Crush two cloves of garlic and add them to one tablespoonful of sesame oil. Boil and cool this mix. Put a few drops of the warm oil into your ear.
You can also mix 3-4 drops of clove essential oil in sesame or olive oil to stop the buzzing.
4. Hail the holy basil
Holy basil or tulsi is the perfect herb for treating tinnitus naturally. It can also reduce ear pain associated with the condition. Brew yourself a hot cup of tulsi tea to soothe your senses.
5. Jammin' with ginger
Ginger is the aspirin of the natural world. It can boost blood flow to the ears so go ahead and have that adrak ki chai or pop these delicious ginger lozenges.