- Tired of dead skin cells stealing the glow on your face?
- Burned out by achy breaky joints?
- Forced to calm your sweet tooth because of diabetes?
- Stressed and depressed after a tough day at work, but want to spend some quality time with your family as well?
If you’ve said “YES” to any of the above questions, then we would like to suggest one’s of the world’s most unique substances which is also one of the most therapeutic. This substance is Shilajit.
What is Shilajit?
Shilajit or Shilajeet is probably one of the most unique substances known to man. It all started around 50 million years ago when the Indian subcontinent collided with Asia to form the Himalayas. When the mountains were formed, the forests in the area were crushed between the huge rocks that made up the mountains and started to break down. Over time, these fossilized forests formed this highly nutrient- and mineral-rich biomass. During the summers, when the mountains are warmed by the Sun, this biomass oozes out of the deep mountain crevasses. The resin that oozes out is Ayurveda’s most prized panacea for all problems known as Shilajit, or as it is known in English – Asphaltum or mineral pitch. Some would also recognize it by the name of Mumie or Mumijo.
This resin has been prized by Ayurveda’s Materia Medica for centuries because of its ability to give surprising strength, anti-aging benefits and boost mood. Some of the key components in shilajit include DBPs (dibenzo alpha pyrones), fulvic and humic acids.
Shilajit for Sexual Vigor and Vitality
Usually, if you were to read about Shilajit it is always projected as an aphrodisiac. It even finds mention in India’s great treatise on sex, the Kama Sutra. Shilajit is valued for its ability to spark the libido in men and women. It finds application in a variety of sexual disorders like erectile dysfunction, treatment of impotence, low sperm count, premature ejaculation, etc.
10 Health Benefits of Shilajit
Let’s look at the benefits of the other natural power booster Shilajit:
- Anti-aging agent: The mitochondria in our body are responsible for manufacturing 95% of the cellular energy needed for muscle strength, hormone production, etc. This process tends to drastically reduce with advancing age. Shilajit stimulates an enzyme called CoQ10 which fires up the mitochondrial energy, and makes it bioavailable for energy production. Enhance the power of Shilajit by using it with complementary herbs like Ashwagandha and Amlaki.
- Arthritis relief: It helps in treating inflamed joints and increases bone density. Ingredients in Shilajit have anti-inflammatory properties that help you get relief from swollen joints.
- Blood purifier: The herb also possesses the qualities of purifying blood, improving blood circulation and treating the symptoms of anemia owing to its iron content. Shilajit helps flush out toxins from the body via urine. This is one of the many ways it develops blood quality.
- Natural energy booster: The herb works well to enhance the production of the body’s primary source of fuel, adenosine triphosphate (ATP). The mitochondria mentioned above make ATP by metabolizing the food we eat. With age, our mitochondria’s production of ATP goes down and this is where Shilajit works wonders to increase ATP.
- Stress buster: Shilajit benefits for stress include the fact that it is an adaptogen. This means the herb is proven to be a relaxing agent to help you effectively deal with stress. Take a load off your mind with Shilajit and get rid of depression and other issues related to stress.
- Diabetes control: Shilajit helps reduce blood sugar levels in the body by ensuring the sugars don’t accumulate in the bloodstream. Primarily, Shilajit improves the functioning of the pancreas, which is responsible for secreting the hormone insulin. This makes the herb an invaluable resource for those who suffer from diabetes mellitus.
- Mental disorders: Research says that Shilajit plays a considerable role in curing cognitive disorders and is great for people suffering from Alzheimer’s.
- Kidney protector: Shilajit helps cure kidney-related disorders such as kidney stones and helps in curing enlargement of the prostate gland. Researchers have proved that Shilajit can be consumed regularly and have no side effects as such.
- Weight loss: Regular consumption of Shilajit helps in burning fat and increasing metabolism which can be perfect for you if you’re trying to lose weight. How to take shilajit for weight loss? Mix half gm of Shilajit, half inch knob of ginger juice and the juice of half a lemon in 2 ounces of water. Drink this natural Shilajit detox drink for weight loss.
- Female fertility tonic: Rich in more than 85 minerals and elements, Shilajit can fix irregular menstrual cycles. It can provide women with calcium and iron – two of the most common deficiencies. Being a rejuvenative, it helps build stamina and libido.
Apart from the above mentioned health benefits of Shilajit, it is also a heart health herb, bone strengthener and even opens up blocked chakras (energy centers) to bring about spiritual enlightenment.
Do consult our doctors if you would prefer a free evaluation of your health and if you want to start taking this miracle herb and see the effects for yourself.