Male Genital Problems: STDs & Cancer
Gentlemen, this one’s for you: men’s health (for the little guys). When it comes to genital health, not many people let alone men are comfortable talking about their crown jewels. We’ve removed the mystique behind this, because not taking care of your genitals can lead to harmful and even fatal consequences.
When it comes to looking after your penis, one of the primary causes of concern may come from sexual intercourse. No one is saying don’t have sex, we are saying however, no gloving no loving… Signs of genital wellness or lack thereof when it comes to STD can vary from a bump on the testicles or penis to flu-like symptoms. Or nothing at all. The reality is that the only way to know for sure is to consult a doctor and get tested.
Here are a list of symptoms (Source)
Common STD Symptoms in Men:
- No symptoms
- Blisters on or around penis
- Spots, bumps or lesions on the penis
- Discharge (clear, white or yellow)
- Oozing from the tip of the penis (thick or thin)
- Painful urination
- Painful ejaculation
- Itching on the tip of the penis
- Rash on the penis, testicles or groin
Uncommon (But Possible) STD Symptoms in Men:
- Sore throat (after oral sex)
- Chronic flu-like symptoms
- Pain in the testicles
- Swelling of the testicles
- Swelling of the epididymis (known as Epididymitis)
- Swelling of the urethra (known as Urethritis)
- Swelling of non-sexual joints (elbow, knee, etc.)
- Rectal pain, discharge or bleeding
So gentlemen, wrap it up and get tested before and after every partner, it is the responsible thing to do. And your body will thank you for it. Remember most STDs are treatable if caught early. Don’t let fear govern your decisions.
Is it fatal? Well, yes! In fact it is one of the most curable cancers out there. The signs of testicular cancer are usually localized to a bump or irregularity of the feel of your testes. They effect men between the ages of 15 all the way to the late 50s. You do need a medical diagnosis and testing to confirm, but the prognosis is bright with treatment and you can find yourself well on the road to being cured. Do not let the ball drop here fellas. Here's a video on how to self exam.