A balanced energy-boosting herb, Triphala is an effective solution for treating many kinds of diseases. In India, it is believed that its concoction and formulas protect internal organs like a mother cares for her child. That is how powerful this Ayurvedic herbal supplement is!
It is a Tridoshic Rasayan, which balances all the three doshas by treating problems/illnesses related to Pitta, Vata and Kapha dosha. If you wish to know more details regarding doshas, take our quiz here.
Made from three (tri) fruits (phala) namely Amalaki, Bibhitaki, and Haritaki, Triphala is consumed in different forms that further promotes long life and rejuvenation.
Find out more about health benefits of Triphala, the energy-enhancing herb below.
How Triphala helps with constipation?
Stomach won’t stop bloating after that buffet?
One of the most common problems faced by many of us is constipation and bowel irregularity. This herb is the finest product to gain relief from gastrointestinal disorders. Indicated in irritable bowel syndrome, it helps regularize the digestive tract.
Triphala has neutralizing action and is a popular mild laxative that helps in smooth production of gastric acid that does not harm the stomach lining and cause acidity. It also increases appetite and provides relief from muscle spasms in the abdominal area.
Instructions – Triphala dosage for constipation
- Powder form: One to two teaspoon of Kairali’s Triphaladi Choornam can be consumed before going to bed in the night with lukewarm distilled water.
- Capsule form: One Triphala capsule daily before meals should be taken.
- Guggulu form: Two tablets of Triphala Guggulu can be consumed on a daily basis.
Triphala for Eye Care
Our delicate eyes are subject a lot of dust and pollutants on a daily basis. While washing them with fresh cool water is always recommended, it is important that you make sure you do not catch eye infections. Triphala is a reviving herb to cure and prevent many kinds of eye irritations due to the presence of vitamin A in it.
What eye problems Triphala can cure?
- Chorioretinal inflammation
- Corneal dystrophies
- Disorders of conjunctiva
- Varies inflammations of eye parts
- Loss of vision
- Weakening of the eye due to old age
How to make Triphala eyewash?
- Put one tablespoon of Triphala Churna in a glass of lukewarm distilled water.
- Mix it well and let it cool
- Keep this formula overnight in a tight, sterile jar.
- To wash your eyes with this solution, you can use an eyecup.
- You can also use empty tea bags, if you are not able to find eyecups.
- You can cool the same overnight solution in the freezer after filling it in a tea bag.
- Wash both the eyes separately and blink frequently.
This eye formula should be used for over a period of one month, once a day. The treatment should not exceed six months. Alternatively, you can take a dose of Triphala Ghrita two times in a day.
Tip: This solution might stain your clothes or carpet, so be careful.
Note: It is always better to take a recommendation from your doctor before consuming any medicinal herbs. You can also consult with our on-call doctor here.
Triphala is used for the treatment of a variety of ailments but it is important to consume it in proper quantity. Its high nutritional value cleanses and detoxifies our body. Enjoy the goodness of Triphala and feel healthy in no time!