Surprising Benefits of Roses
Rose (Gulab) not only does it spark love and eyre, there are several health benefits of rose as well. Let’s get right to it.
Health Benefits of Rose
In a word – numerous. There are several benefits of rose all of which may stem down to how the rose flower is processed. That is whether it’s in an essential oil or in powdered form, etc. And it can be used for general health as well as specific disorders. Rose water is especially beneficial for skin care as it is rich in antioxidants, tannins and Vitamins B3, C, D, E and A. Some other uses of Rose are:
- Rose water can be used as an astringent for your skin (this allows your pores to close naturally).
- Rose water can also be used in addition to a shampoo on your hair. It has been shown to help with scalp disorders like eczema and dermatitis because of its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiseptic properties.
- Freshly made rose water from crushed petals can also have additional benefits if directly used. It can help aid in constipation, cool the skin in case of rashes and pox marks, as well as help calm and clear the mind. Find our rose water here.
- Rose tea is an effective gall bladder cleanser. Drinking Rose tea can help detoxify your liver and gall bladder. The tea also has cooling effects for your Pitta dosha, and can even have mild antibacterial properties for minor infections such as coughs, colds, etc.
There are further health benefits of rose essential oil. Some of these include but are not limited to:
- Liver problems
- Bacterial infections
Additional benefits of rose petal jam (apart from being delicious) pertain to clearing the digestive tract. It reduces imbalances of the Pitta dosha. Additionally, it is:
- An antioxidant
- Can reduce acidity
- Can sooth mouth ulcers and strengthen gums
- Can improve digestion
- Can aid in water retention or bloating problems
- Can help reduce stress
There are no known side effects to rose but please consult our doctors before using any medication.