Childhood Asthma Natural Solutions
When a child has recurring bouts of wheezing or coughing they may have childhood asthma. Asthma may be caused by a variety of reasons, a child with asthma may complain of tightness in their chest while coughing or wheezing. Common colds may move down straight into their chests.
If child asthma is left untreated it could lead to further complications including shortness of breath and reduced stamina. Before we can understand curing asthma in children, it is important to know how asthma is triggered or caused.
How is Asthma Caused?
Currently, asthma is reported to be caused by several factors inclusive of immune deficiencies and allergic stimulants. One or more of these factors can lead to the development of asthma in children.
In Ayurveda, asthma is said to be caused by an imbalance in Kapha dosha, where Kapha-triggering foods work with the excess intake of air. This caused blockages in the throat and lungs leading to asthmatic symptoms.
Natural Remedies for Asthma
Ayurveda promotes a combination of diet and lifestyle changes, along with herbal remedies.
Diet for Asthma
- Eat whole grains like oats and barley.
- Stay away from dairy.
- Drink warm herbal and spiced teas.
- Avoid white flour and white sugar.
- Do not consume oily foods.
It is also important not to overexert your child. Refrain from strenuous activities until the asthma is managed. Yoga is a great alternative to strenuous work to begin with.
Herbs for Asthma
Try the following herbal remedies, as always use our doctor consultation option for additional help.
- Boil cumin seeds in water and inhale the steam. Inhalation can help clear pathways in the throat and chest.
- Use 5 gm of ginger, cardamom, black pepper, turmeric, cinnamon and clove with 30 gm of sugar. Grind thoroughly into a powdered mixture. Take a half teaspoon of the mixture with honey, twice daily.
You can find all of the above ingredients at our shop.
Give these natural cures a try to help eliminate asthma and to help your child live a normal life.