1. Promotes proper thyroid function
2. strengthens abdomen
3. stretches upper back
4. improves blood circulation induces relaxation
Description of the asana
1. Lie on your back and lift your legs up into air.
2. Place your hands on your lower back for support, resting your elbows and lower arms on the ground.
3. Make sure your weight is on your shoulders and mid to upper back — not your neck.
4. Breathe deeply and hold for at the posture for at least 5-10 breaths, increasing the hold over time.
5. To come down, slowly lower your legs, keeping them very straight — a little workout for your abdominal muscles.