Distension of the stomach and intestine owing to excess of wind in the system, it is called `Adhmana’ in Ayurveda.
- Loss of appetite
- Aerophagia, or swallowing of air.
- Faulty dietary habits like eating too fast or eating too spicy food.
- Logical factors as anxiety, fear and grief.
- Hyper-salivation due to gastritis.
- Reflex from angina or chronic cholecystitis.
- Fermentation in gastro-intestinal tract due to inadequately cooked starchy foods.
- Deficiency of pachaka pitta or disorder of samana vata.