Frame Size and Height Increase
Calculating Your Frame Size
Following is the method the Metropolitan Life Insurance Company used to calculate frame size:
- Extend your arm in front of your body bending your elbow at a ninety degree angle to your body so that your forearm is parallel to your body.
- Keep your fingers straight and turn the inside of your wrist towards your body.
- Place your thumb and index finger on the two prominent bones on either side of your elbow, then measure the distance between the bones with a tape measure or calipers.
- Compare to the chart below. The chart lists elbow measurements for a medium frame – if your elbow measurement for that particular height is less than the number of inches listed, you are a smaill frame – if your elbow measurement for that particular height is more than the number of inches listed, your are a large frame.
|Elbow Measurements for Medium Frame|
|Men||Elbow Measurement||Women||Elbow Measurement|
|5’2″ – 5’3″||2-1/2″ to 2-7/8″||4’10”-4’11”||2-1/4″ to 2-1/2″|
|5’4″ – 5’7″||2-5/8″ to 2-7/8″||5’0″ – 5’3″||2-1/4″ to 2-1/2″|
|5’8″ – 5’11”||2-3/4″ to 3″||5’4″ – 5’7″||2-3/8″ to 2-5/8″|
|6’0″ – 6’3″||2-3/4″ to 3-1/8″||5/8″ – 5’11”||2-3/8″ to 2-5/8″|
|6’4″||2-7/8″ to 3-1/4″||6’0″||2-1/2″ to 2-3/4″|
To Increase Your Height
If you are well past the growing taller age (this happens usually by the time you are 21, doing these exercises will still help you stretch and look taller.
- Stretch: Stand next to a wall, side ways and stretch one hand up against the wall. Now raise your heels as high as possible so that you are balancing yourself on the ball of your feet or your toes. Hold for 10-15 seconds and slowly come down. Repeat with the other side. Repeat as many times as possible. Make sure that you are disciplined with this exercise that is you do it every day.
- Pull-ups: Get hold of a bar that you can fix to a doorway of one of the rooms in your house. You need to hold this bar with both your hands and pull yourself up from the floor and hang for as long as possible. This will be difficult initially, but slowly you will find that you are able to hold yourself up longer and higher. Again discipline is essential.
- Third, make sure you walk/stand tall and straight and don’t slouch.