1. It keeps the liver healthy and ensures that it functions normally.
2. It cures stomach disorders and secrete digestive juices apart from stimulating the solar plexus.
Description of the asana
1. Sit straight with both legs stretched in front.
2. Now bend the left leg, bring your heel to the groin and touch the right thigh with your foot. Keep hands on your lap. Keep your hands straight on the respective knees.
3. Now, breathe out, bend forward and stretch your hands to touch your right toe.
4. Your head should touch the right knee. Initially, if you find it difficult, hold the lower end of your foot and bend your head.
5. Once you get used to the posture try doing it the right way. Sit straight, breathe normally and stay in this position for six counts..
6. Repeat this with the other side. The entire sequence comprises one time. Repeat four times.
1. Those suffering from cervical pain should practise this asana with the head straight. Those with lumbar pain should avoid this asana.