- Highly beneficial for indigestion ,flatulence and allied problems, as the weight of the body presses the elbow into the upper abdomen, massaging the pancreas and spleen.
Description of the asana
- Sit back on your heel with knees apart. Place your palms on the floor, fingers pointing back toward your feet.
- Using your arms bend forward and place the top of your head on the floor. Keep your elbows together, pressing into the upper abdomen.
- Stretch your legs back one at a time, keeping the knees off the floor and the feet together. Your weight should be on your toes, hand and head. Now lift your head.
- Inhale and gently ride forward on your arms lifting your toes up and balancing on your hands. Keep your legs straight. Hold the pose as long as possible, breathing normally, then exhale and release it, coming down on your toes.