|Benefits of the asana
- For back pain, sciatica pain varicose veins
- This asana ensures efficient functioning of the digestive systyem preventing constipation, reducing fat.
- Effective for diabetic people.
Description of the asana
To perform this asana successfully, concentrate on every muscle being exercised, try to remain relaxed
- Lie face down with your forehead resting on the mat, your legs out behind you, the soles of your feet facing upward and your arms by your sides, palms downwards. Strech your neck, pushing your chin as far forward as possible, so that it rests on the mat. Brethe out slowly.
- Breathe in, and leaning slightly on your left arm, contract the muscles in the small of your back and lift your left leg. It is important to keep your pelvis on the mat and not to twist it and to keep your left arm from shoulder to fingertips firmly on the mat. Keep your left leg straight as you lift it. Hold the position for a few seconds, then lower your leg as your breathe out. Repeat with the right leg.