- Tones up the spinal nerves and is of great benefit to the proper functioning of the digestive system.
- Helps to normalize movement of the faces in the intestines.
- Also effective for depression , sciatica etc.
Description of the asana
- Sit on a blanket . Form a foot lock by placing the right foot over the left thigh and left foot over the right thigh as in Lotus (padmasan) posture.
- Slowly bend forward and touch the ground with the forehead. Take your hands to the back and catch hold of the left wrist with the right hand. Exhale slowly as your bend down.
- Remain in this position for 10 seconds. Resume the original sitting posture and inhale slowly.
- Repeat the posture three times